‘The People of Bihar have spoken loudly and clearly that they thoroughly reject the politics of growing intolerance and polarization by BJP, that has been promoted ever since their ascendance to power. It is a vote for democracy, pluralism and development, and hearty congratulations are in order for this historic win for the forces that advocate freedom and justice for all its citizens’ – said George Abraham, Chairman of the Indian National Overseas Congress, USA.
‘BJP has conveniently overlooked the fact that they gained power at center with only 31% of the vote share and that too was based on their campaign promise of development. However, the last 16 months of their governance has proved that their real objective is to transform the nation away from India’s constitutional principles to follow a Hindutva agenda of regressive policies and illiberal diktats,’ the statement added.
‘Bihar has shown that how democratic and secular forces can work together to defeat these forces of yesteryear and build a country based on the rule of law and equal opportunities for all its citizens. It appears that the Congress party being part of the grand alliance is poised to shoulder its responsibility to take the same message across the nation to defeat these forces of bigotry and obscurantism’ the statement concluded.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- INOC, USA condemns ‘cow vigilantes’ brutal beating of Dalit youth
- INOC, USA criticizes BJP’s attempt to sow discord on the eve of Onam celebration
- INOC, USA Chair condoles the sudden demise of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- INOC, USA condemns the attack on Pathankot airbase by Terrorists originating from Pakistan
- INOC, USA expresses grief over the sad demise of Shri. E. Ahamed
- INOC, USA condemns senseless killing of Srinivas Kuchibhotla, an Indian Techie
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA denounces BJP’s naked grab of power in Karnataka:
- INOC, USA strongly condemns the attack on an Army Camp in Uri, Kashmir
- INOC, USA expressed serious concern over USCIRF report on India’s deteriorating religious freedom
- INOC, USA expresses serious concern over the growing mob violence and lawlessness in India
- INOC, USA calls on the Prime Minister of India not to tamper with the 2013 Land Acquisition Act
- INOC, USA registers strong protest at ‘Modi’ replacing Gandhi ji on KVIC calendar
- INOC, USA deplores mob attack on Nigerian Students in Greater Noida, India
- INOC, USA CONDEMNS DESECRATION OF SIKH HOLY GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI- CALLS FOR IMMEDIATE ARREST OF PERPERATORS
- INOC, USA expresses serious disappointment over Yogi Adityanath as the Chief Minister of U.P.
- Congratulations Rahul ji for a brilliant campaign
- Festivities Galore at Madam Sonia Gandhi’s Birthday celebration by INOC, USA.
- INOC leaders held discussions with Senior Congress leader R.V. Deshpande of Karnataka
- INOC, USA Maharashtra Chapter Anniversary celebration
- INOC, USA is already lending a hand in Punjab election campaign
- INOC, USA President Mohinder Singh Gilzian visits New Delhi to reinforce links
- INOC, USA slams Tarun Vijay for his racist remarks against blacks and South Indians
- INOC, USA applauds the appointment of Captain Amarinder Singh as PPCC President and celebrates the Constitution, Nehru’s Birthday and Bihar victory
- INOC, USA Congratulates newly elected Punjab Pradesh Congress President Sunil Kumar Jhakar