The act of procreation is both important and enjoyable, but according to several recent studies, it also has quite a few health benefits. Here are 12 reasons why you should be having relations on a more regular basis.
1. Orgasms increase the blood flow to the whole brain, making it a better mental exercise than a crossword puzzle.
2. Intercourse causes the brain to release a steroid called DHEA – a main contributor to staying young. Couples who engage in relations 3 times a week look 10 years younger on average.
3. Intercourse can help relieve period symptoms, thanks to the muscle contractions that occur during an orgasm. Furthermore, researchers from Columbia and Stanford found that women who have relations at least once a week enjoy more predictable cycles.
4. According to Women’s Health Magazine, vaginal stimulation can relieve chronic back pains, leg pains, headaches and migraines.
5. The Lifestyle Mirror recently interviewed Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi, who said that “Regular love making increases blood flow and decreases stress hormones in the body, and those stress hormones wreak havoc on the skin.”
6. Having intercourse in the morning was found to boost both our mood and our immune system.
7. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, people who engage in penile-vaginal intercourse enjoy much lower blood pressure.
8. After intercourse, the level of oxytocin (the “love hormone”) in men is elevated. Men with elevated oxytocin levels are less likely to “stray”, which means that having relations literally makes men stay in a relationship.
9. Men who ejaculate more often are less likely to develop prostate cancer.
10. Intercourse boosts the levels of immunoglobulin – an antibody that protects us from the common cold and the flu.
11. Love making burns calories like a moderate exercise session. For every minute spent ‘doing it’, men burn 4 calories and women burn 3.
12. According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, men who have relations on a regular basis are 45% less likely to develop life-threatening heart conditions.
Print This Post To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g