Comfort food at its best, casseroles are a winter favorite. But while most casseroles tend to include rice or potatoes, here’s a low carb alternative you’ll undoubtedly enjoy. This casserole recipe features cauliflower as its star ingredient and will make for a tasty and filling vegetarian side dish. Combined with melted cheese, another main ingredient, this casserole recipe will surely not disappoint!
Here’s how easy it is to make it:
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, optional
1. Fill a large pot with water, place over heat, and bring to a boil. Boil the cauliflower florets for 5 minutes, until they have slightly softened. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, add the milk and the egg, and whisk. Add the flour, salt, black pepper and 1 cup of mozzarella to the mixture and continue whisking. Finally, stir in all the cauliflower.