New Delhi, May 30: A 30-year-old IAS officer drowned while rescuing a woman colleague from drowning in the swimming pool of the Foreign Service Institute in Ber Sarai here early on Tuesday morning.
The police were informed about the man drowning in the pool of the institute. He was rushed to Fortis Hospital where he was declared brought dead, the police said.
Ashish Dahiya was a resident of Sonepat and was attending a pool-side party with friends from the Indian Foreign and Revenue Services, they added.
During the party, they decided to go for a swim in the pool at the club. The police suspect they had consumed alcohol.
According to eyewitnesses, a woman officer accidentally fell into the pool and the officers, including Dahiya, jumped in to rescue her, the police said.
As the woman officer was safely pulled out, it was noticed that Ashish was missing. Later, he was found floating in the pool.
The family of the deceased has reached Delhi.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- West Bengal: Man beaten to death for protesting against friends’ molestation
- Eleven year old dies trying to imitate a reality show in Telangana
- Thousands throng funeral of slain Indian Kashmir editor
- Rape, murder of eight-year-old girl sparks outrage in India
- At least 25 dead, hundreds injured in Nepal storms
- IAS officer Inayat Khan adopt daughters of two Pulwama martyrs
- Viral Thug Video: Elderly Woman Attacked By Black Mob at Swimming Pool
- Pioneer Social Service Program celebrates 3rd Anniversary
- WhatsApp are selling Aadhaar details of over a billion Indians for just Rs 500, Report says; UIDAI denied the allegation
- PM Modi’s foreign trips cost Rs. 2,021 crore
- Trump’s Name Stripped Off Panama Hotel After Ugly Fight Over ‘Tarnished Brand’
- Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba meets Sushma Swaraj in Kathmandu ahead of India visit
- Eight of a family burnt alive in Karachi
- Sini Mathews claims she had no part in 3-year-old Sherin Mathews’ death
- Woman lost in woods survived on ‘berries and mushrooms’ for a month
- Maldivian Model found hanging in her hostel room in Bangladesh; Family suspect foul play
- Passenger train derails in northern India, at least three dead
- What is going to happen to me the first night in my grave ?: The Haunting Poem Kashmiri Cop Wrote On Facebook
- IPS Officer Rishi Kumar Shukla Appointed As New CBI Director
- Bribery to Election Commission Official; Dinakaran and his associate arrested by Delhi Police
- Youth Tonsured For Trying to meet his Girlfriend
- Journalist Gauri Lankesh, known critic of Hindu right-wing extremism, shot dead in Bengaluru
- Two dead, including young girl, in shelling in Indian-occupied Kashmir
- China downplays UNSC’s Pulwama statement, says JeM mention in ‘general terms, not a judgement’