According to a latest study led by Chris Danforth from the University of Vermont, social media images may reveal the your mental state and health condition as well. Yes! The latest invention suggests that your Instagram messages will turn more blue, gray and dark based on your feeling.
The study published in journal EPJ Data Science, concludes that Instagram photos can successfully detect and give clues of mental frustrations, sufferings and depression. This algorithm does not even need any kind of clinical diagnosis before confirmation.
Talking about the same co-author Chris Danforth from the University of Vermont has said, “This points toward a new method for early screening of depression and other emerging mental illnesses.”
“This study is not yet a diagnostic test, not by a long shot,” said Danforth, “but it is a proof of concept of a new way to help people,” Danforth added.
“In other words, people suffering from depression were more likely to favor a filter that literally drained all the colour out the images they wanted to share,” scientists stated further.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- Modi’s ‘Gujarat Model’ of development: a reality check’
- Insensitivities of the UP govt: Adityanath indulges in blame game
- The Community Chest Launches Annual Campaign to Raise $300,000 to Help People in Need
- Withdrawal from Paris Climate Deal by Trump; What you need to know?
- New York Times on B’lore Journalist murder: Bold critics have no Place in Modi’s land of lynch mafia
- Kerala, After The Floods: Did Pinarayi Vijayan changed his attitude towards the media after the flood?
- Sridevi’s family mercilessly trolled for celebrating daughter Janhvi’s birthday
- Is U.S. Health systems actually help the needy? Or are they ending up bankrupt ?
- Climate science: Bad news gets worse
- Report: 32 US states could offer sports betting in 5 years
- India’s obsession with Rape Accused Babas
- What killed Eman Ahmed? World’s ‘heaviest’ woman dies in Abu Dhabi
- The insider and the outsider: McConnell and Trump try for a deal on health care
- Billy Graham, whose ‘matchless voice changed the lives of millions,’ dies at 99
- Like Presidents Past, Trump Adds A Signing Statement To A Bill He Doesn’t Like
- Trump to announce decision on Paris climate deal Thursday – expected to withdraw
- Trump administration has rolled out new and tougher questionnaire for U.S. visa applicants worldwide
- Sri Lanka shut down Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram to stop anti-Muslim violence
- Sheikh Mohammed’s daughter marries in Dubai
- Former Skipper MS Dhoni’s daughter Ziva singing a Malayalam song is the cutest thing today
- 24-year-old college student jumps to death from 19th floor of hotel room
- CNN hosts makes ‘racist’ comment to 12-year-old Indian-American Spelling Bee Champion
- Three women, suspect dead after hostage standoff in Yountville, California
- Mentally ill housewife was assaulted and beaten by group of women at Vypin, Kerala