“ In Gujarat, Congress Party scored a moral victory, a BJP bastion that has turned into a Hindutva laboratory of polarization and bigotry. Despite tremendous odds, Congress Party increased its legislative seats and vote share,” said George Abraham, Vice-Chairman of the newly reconstituted Indian Overseas Congress, USA.
IOC congratulates Mr. Rahul Gandhi for conducting a statesmanlike campaign and exposing the fallacy of the ‘Gujarat Development model’ which promotes crony capitalism at the expense of its ordinary citizens”. On the other hand, we are disappointed that the Prime Minister was once again engaged in invoking religious symbolism or exploiting a statement from an opposition party leader or even implying that the former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of colluding with Pakistan to fix the Gujarat election. It was indeed a low point of the campaign. However, Modi Ji may have succeeded in diverting the focus away from development to these extraneous issues for political expediency.
Finally, we respect the decision of the voters to give another term to BJP manifesting the strength and resilience of India’s democracy. It is vital that the Institutions of democracy that were created under the Nehruvian vision remain strong and resolute in defending freedom and voter’s right to choose their leaders. The current allegations against the tampering of the EVM machines should be thoroughly investigated and the integrity of the election process ought to be preserved.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- Festivities Galore at Madam Sonia Gandhi’s Birthday celebration by INOC, USA.
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA, New Jersey Chapter, celebrates Congress victory in States
- ‘Strangers in their own land’: Dilemma of the Christian populace in India
- INOC, USA criticizes BJP’s attempt to sow discord on the eve of Onam celebration
- Former PPCC President Shri H.S. Hanspal meets supporters in New York
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA denounces BJP’s naked grab of power in Karnataka:
- INOC, USA team Hopeful; sensed widespread disenchantment of Modi government as they survey the grassroots level
- INOC, USA registers strong protest at ‘Modi’ replacing Gandhi ji on KVIC calendar
- Why the Dual Track policy in governance?
- INOC, USA Maharashtra Chapter Anniversary celebration
- Juned Qazi resigns; Mohinder Singh Gilzian takes over as President of the Indian National Overseas Congress, USA
- INOC, USA expresses serious concern over the growing mob violence and lawlessness in India
- Juned Qazi appointed President of INOC(I), USA
- INOC, USA Congratulates newly elected Punjab Pradesh Congress President Sunil Kumar Jhakar
- INOC, USA Team is on the ground in Karnataka, campaigning:
- INOC, USA expresses serious disappointment over Yogi Adityanath as the Chief Minister of U.P.
- INOC, USA lauds Congress Party for its timely actions in Karnataka to save democracy
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA applauds Congress victory in state elections
- INOC, USA Chair applauds Bihar victory of the grand alliance; ‘it is a victory for Democracy and Tolerance’
- INOC, USA strongly condemns the attack on an Army Camp in Uri, Kashmir
- INOC, USA expresses grave concern on the deterioration of religious freedom in India
- INOC, USA expressed serious concern over USCIRF report on India’s deteriorating religious freedom
- INOC, USA expresses grief over the sad demise of Shri. E. Ahamed
- INOC, USA calls on the Prime Minister of India not to tamper with the 2013 Land Acquisition Act