WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump on Thursday thanked the president of Guatemala for supporting the US decision to move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, the White House said.
Trump and President Jimmy Morales met at the Washington Hilton hotel before they attended the annual National Prayer Breakfast. Journalists were not permitted to see the leaders meet.
The leaders discussed Venezuela and agreed to work on restoring democracy to the country, according to a White House statement issued after the meeting.
Trump also raised the issue of stopping illegal immigration to the US from Guatemala, and addressing the Central American country’s security and economic challenges.
Morales recently showed his support for Trump when he announced that Guatemala would move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, following the same announcement by Trump last December.
Guatemala is also one of nine nations that sided with the United States on a UN vote condemning the US decision.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- Immigrants in U.S. seeking safe haven worry Trump may send them back
- Forget the wall, Trump’s plan would reshape US legal immigration dramatically
- Trump again blames ‘both sides’ in Charlottesville, says some counterprotesters were ‘very, very violent’
- Trump signs what he calls ‘seriously flawed’ bill imposing new sanctions on Russia
- Donald Trump and Narendra Modi vow to defeat ‘evils of terrorism’ in first White House meeting
- Donald Trump’s softer tone masks hard road ahead for agenda in Congress
- Trump denies using derogatory word “sh**hole” against any migrant countries
- Trump signs spending bill to end government shutdown
- U.S. President Donald Trump Must Retract and Apologize; African countries unite against Trump’s slur
- President Donald Trump’s Health is in Excellent Shape: White House Physician
- Obamacare repeal vote delayed stinging setback for Donald Trump
- PRESIDENT TRUMP TO LESLEY STAHL IN CONTENTIOUS ’60 MINUTES’ INTERVIEW — ‘I’M PRESIDENT AND YOU’RE NOT’
- Trump says he’ll visit Florida, emphasize mental health after school shooting
- Trump and Putin Held a Second, Undisclosed, Private Conversation
- Trump open to meeting Venezuela’s Maduro, says all options on table
- Donald Trump should get ready for impeachment, Congresswoman Maxine Waters says
- Donald Trump’s health care bill dropped to avoid humiliating defeat
- ‘No recollection’ that Donald Trump met Russian ambassador at event: White House
- WA Attorney General suing Trump over immigration order
- ട്രംപിന് കൃത്രിമ കൈയ്യന് ബോഡി ഗാര്ഡ് !!
- ട്രംപ് വിരോധം പ്രകടമാക്കി അമേരിക്കയിലെ ഇടക്കാല തെരഞ്ഞെടുപ്പ്
- യു.എസ്. സുപ്രീം കോടതി ജഡ്ജിയായി കൊളറാഡോ ഫെഡറല് അപ്പീല് കോടതി ജഡ്ജി നെയ്ല് ഗോര്സചിനെ ട്രംപ് നാമനിര്ദ്ദേശം ചെയ്തു
- President Donald Trump wants to put an end to the disagreements and petty fighting
- Guatemala, in nod to Trump, moving embassy in Israel to Jerusalem