(Web Desk) – India’s Jamui district mistakenly used a Pakistani school girl’s photograph on the cover page of a booklet on a cleanliness initiative.
Bihar’s chief minister, Nitish Kumar’s office, in a press release, has stated that an inquiry had been initiated after the picture of the Pakistani girl was discovered, reported Hindustan Times.
The booklet on cleanliness was distributed among students by the Jamui district water and cleanliness committee (DWCC). Governement officials have blamed the printing press for selecting the photograph.
Chairman of DWCC, Dharmendra Kumar, said that the remaining booklets will be distributed after the picture has been removed from the cover pages.
Kumar added that following an inquiry into the incident, it was found that UNICEF had used the picture of the girl for one of their education promotion programmes in Pakistan.
“We selected the picture from Unicef website, as it looked impressive. We did not notice that the girl was from Pakistan and drawing a Pakistani flag,” he said.
According to one of the senior officials of the district, around 4000 booklets were printed.
While the government is blaming the printing company based in Patna, the company said the photo was approved by DWCC, reported HT.
Niranjan Chawdhary, an official of the district rural development organisation, said that authorities were clueless about how the printer chose to feature the Pakistani girl on the front page.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
The photograph on left was used as cover for the booklet. Photo: Hindustan Times
- India’s propaganda of Balakot airstrike; Satellite Images Show Madrasa Buildings Still Standing at Scene of Bombing
- ‘Now it’s your turn, get ready for our surprise’, says Pakistan Army to India
- MiG 27 aircraft crashes near Jodhpur in Rajasthan
- Pakistan takes control of religious schools in continued crackdown
- Two dead, including young girl, in shelling in Indian-occupied Kashmir
- India calls off annual maritime talks with Pakistan over Kulbhushan death sentence
- India & Israel had planned to launch a missile attack on Pakistan via Rajasthan, sources
- IAS officer Inayat Khan adopt daughters of two Pulwama martyrs
- India’s BJP lawmakers thrash each other with shoes
- ‘Jab Harry Met Sejal’: Shah Rukh Khan Now Has Banarasi Paan Named After Him. It Costs Only Rs. 35
- Nitish Kumar betrayed the trust; dishonored the mandate of the Bihar voters: George Abraham
- Modi accused of being afraid of media after ‘rare interview’
- After 8 years at top, India drops to No 2 in arms import; Saudi Arabia takes over as the leader; Russia India’s lead supplier
- College student abducted and gang-raped in Haryana
- World powers call for calm as Pakistan and India tensions escalate
- Indian national Uzma, forced to marry in Pakistan, returns home; welcome back, says Sushma Swaraj
- Pakistan hands captured fighter pilot back to India Alive; India Returned Pakistan Dead Body of Pakistan Citizen
- India is fully aware why Pakistan sentenced Jadhav to death: says Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Pakistan is lying about arrest of Indian ‘spy’ Kulbhushan Jadav
- Our Efforts For De-escalation Shouldn’t Be Seen As A Weakness; Pakistan PM Imran Khan
- A Tea That Makes Foes Turn into Friends; Pakistani Tea Stall Owner sells “Abhinandan Tea”
- Commanding officer of IAF’s Srinagar base shifted
- India hits back at Pakistan after Maleeha Lodhi’s lie, tells world about Lt Fayyaz
- Indian forces won’t count bullets if Pakistan fires: Rajnath Singh