“We have detected widespread discontentment among voters on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s performance at the Center, and that may, in turn, help Congress Party to retain power” said Mr. Harbachan Singh, Secretary-General of Indian National Overseas Congress, USA who has campaigned in Karnataka along with Mr. Mohinder Singh Gilzian, the President and Dr. Dayan Naik, head of the Karnataka Chapter. Noting various failures from the previous Yeddyurappa rule, they want the Congress government back as they now realize that their track record of real progress was better than empty, unfulfilled promises. The team also met members of the congressional caucus as they have fielded candidates of integrity, knowledge, experience, vigor, and values for the elections.
The team wished more NRIs came and visited their respective constituencies and helped educate their folks so that they could base their vote on valid information rather than of propaganda by the BJP. “From on the ground interaction, we are encouraged by the progress being made towards the election of good governance,” said Mohinder Singh Gilzian, the President. Secretary-General Harbachan Singh felt happy as the voters knew of their needs and were determined to achieve them through a democratic process which stood for democracy, secularism and human solidarity. Dr. Dayan Naik, Chapter head of Karnataka, enjoyed conversing with the people in their local language and understanding their views. He explained to them the fruits of development could be enjoyed by everyone if they followed their leader in a united way. The team has also met with Rahul Gandhi, the President of the Congress Party, Siddaramaiya, the Chief Minister of the State, K.C. Venugopal, AICC General Secretary for Karnataka and number of candidates who are running for the election.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- INOC, USA lauds Congress Party for its timely actions in Karnataka to save democracy
- INOC, USA Team is on the ground in Karnataka, campaigning:
- ‘India is at a crucial crossroads’; Sam Pitroda appeals NRIs for help
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA denounces BJP’s naked grab of power in Karnataka:
- Congratulations Rahul ji for a brilliant campaign
- Mr. Mohinder Singh Gilzian assumes the mantle of the Presidency of IOC, USA
- The case against Shashi Tharoor is a political witch hunt!: George Abraham, Indian Overseas Congress, USA Vice-Chairman
- Congress Party will form the next government in Punjab; asserts T. J. Gill, Senior VP, INOC, USA; INOC, USA leaders are on the ground and lending a hand
- INOC leaders held discussions with Senior Congress leader R.V. Deshpande of Karnataka
- Indian Overseas Congress to Protest against Prime Minister Modi and the Minister of Defense, Nirmala Sitaraman’s Corrupt Involvement in Rafale Loot, 30 Sept, 2018
- INOC, USA Congratulates newly elected Punjab Pradesh Congress President Sunil Kumar Jhakar
- INOC, USA President Mohinder Singh Gilzian visits New Delhi to reinforce links
- INOC, USA rallies to strongly support the efforts of the Punjab Congress Party in the upcoming State Elections
- INOC, USA is already lending a hand in Punjab election campaign
- Indian National Overseas Congress, USA President Mohinder Singh Gilzian debriefs efforts to energize elections in Punjab
- INOC, USA calls on the Prime Minister of India not to tamper with the 2013 Land Acquisition Act
- California Chapter of the Indian Overseas Congress, USA inaugurated on a high note
- INOC, USA registers strong protest at ‘Modi’ replacing Gandhi ji on KVIC calendar
- INOC, USA expressed serious concern over USCIRF report on India’s deteriorating religious freedom
- Festivities Galore at Madam Sonia Gandhi’s Birthday celebration by INOC, USA.
- INOC, USA Maharashtra Chapter Anniversary celebration
- INOC, USA expresses serious disappointment over Yogi Adityanath as the Chief Minister of U.P.
- INOC, USA slams Tarun Vijay for his racist remarks against blacks and South Indians
- INOC, USA deplores mob attack on Nigerian Students in Greater Noida, India