Naan bread, like most Indian food, is a worldwide favorite. Traditionally, it is cooked in a tandoor oven, but many of us don’t have access to one of those, so this is how you can make delicious naan bread at home to go alongside some delicious curry!
Naan Bread (Serves 16)
• 1 2/3 lb of plain flour
• 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 pint of whole milk
• 1 ¼ oz vegetable oil
• Butter, softened
• 1 handful of garlic cloves, chopped and peeled
• Coriander, chopped
1. To make the dough, place the flour in a bowl and mix with the baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate jug, mix the milk, sugar, and eggs until the sugar has dissolved. Add this to the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine, kneading to create a soft dough.
3. Once you have your dough, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave it to rest for about 15 minutes.
4. If you’re baking your naan bread in the oven, preheat it 437 degrees Fahrenheit (225 degrees Celsius), and place a baking tray in to heat up.
5. After the dough has rested, add the oil to the bowl and mix well.
6. Divide the dough into 16 small pieces and roll out on a floured surface to form circles that are about 4 inches in diameter. Place the dough circles onto the hot tray in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, turning if necessary.
7. Alternatively, you might wish to grill your naan bread. If this is the case, instead of preheating the oven, turn the grill on to its highest setting and set out as many pans as you can on the hob over a high heat. Place one circle of dough in each pan to cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing the underside of the bread to color. Place directly under the grill until the naans begin to puff up.
8. Once cooked, brushed the naans with butter and, while still hot, add the chopped garlic and coriander. Serve immediately.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.