Chicken is the base for some of the most popular dishes in almost every home and each has its own recipe. But, if you want to diversify a little and taste something new and original, you should try the roasted chicken recipe before you. Apart from the usual spices such as salt, olive oil, and garlic, it contains many interesting ingredients that make it a favorite, especially among children.
Time: 20 minutes
• 1 tsp. lemon zest
• 3 tbs. lemon juice
• 1 tsp. orange zest
• 6 tbsp. orange juice, freshly squeezed
• 6 tbsp. olive oil
• 3 tbsp. mustard
• 6 tbsp. honey
• ½ tsp. chili
• 2 ½ tsp. salt
• 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
• 2 tsp. thyme leaves – 1 tsp, dry
• 3 ½ lbs. Chicken (thighs, legs, and breast)
• 3 cups carrots, cut into 1 cm slices
• 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 1 cup dates – 1 cup, pitted and thinly sliced
• 12 tablespoons green onion, coarsely chopped – for garnish
• ½ cup pistachios, salted and chopped – for garnish
1. For the marinade: In a medium bowl mix the lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, mustard, honey, chili, garlic, thyme, and salt.
2. In a zip lock bag place the chicken, carrots, dates, and onions. Pour the marinade into the bag and close it tightly.
3. Shake the bag so that the marinade coats all parts of the chicken, place the bag in a baking pan and let rest in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. After marinating, preheat your oven to 220 degrees.
4. Remove the chicken, vegetables and the marinade from the bag, and place in a baking sheet, with the chicken facing skin side up.
5. Put in the oven and roast the chicken until golden brown and soft for about 40-45 minutes. (About halfway through, remove the pan from the oven and mix the vegetables and chicken so they don’t burn).
6. At the end of the cooking, move the chicken and vegetables to a serving dish, pour some of the sauce from the pan over it, sprinkle with green onion and pistachios, and serve.Print This Post To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g