A lot of people are put off of making Eggs Benedict because they have a reputation for being tricky to make. While this is somewhat true, all it takes is just a bit of practice before you are knocking out perfect Eggs Benedicts for your family and friends.
Eggs Benedict (Serves 4)
• 3 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 pinch ground white pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 cup butter, melted
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 8 eggs
• 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
• 8 strips bacon
• 4 English muffins, split
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
To make the Hollandaise
1. Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that the water does touch the top pan. Bring the water to a simmer. In the top of the double boiler, whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon of water.
2. Add the melted butter to the egg yolk mixture (1 or 2 tablespoons at a time) while whisking constantly. If the Hollandaise sauce starts to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all the butter has been incorporated. Whisk in the salt, remove from the heat, and place a lid on the pan to keep the sauce warm.
To poach eggs
1. Fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water. Bring the water to a gentle simmer, then add vinegar. Carefully break the eggs into the simmering water, and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes. The yolks should be soft in the center. Remove the eggs from the water and set on a warm plate.
2. While the eggs are poaching, brown the bacon in a medium skillet over a medium-high heat and toast the English muffins on a baking sheet.
3. Spread softened butter on the toasted muffins, and top each one with a slice of bacon, followed by a poached egg. Place two muffins on each plate and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with some chopped chives and serve immediately.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.