The next tuna salad recipe is undoubtedly one of the best dishes you can serve. Guests and family members will enjoy the taste of your excellent salad, so don’t be surprised if you’re asked to make it time and again. In addition to its wonderful taste and smell, its colorful and fresh look won’t let anyone skip a taste of your delicious salad.
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 4-inch piece of ginger, crushed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low-sodium
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 pieces of tuna steak, 2-3 cm in width
- 2 cups of roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- ¼ cup water
- 300 g arugula
- 1 large mango, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 avocado, peel, cored, and cut into 4
- 1 red onion, cut into ¼ inch rings
- 1 cucumber
- A handful of pine nuts
1. In a bowl, mix together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and lemon juice into a liquid
2. Place the tuna steaks in a deep dish and pour the marinade over them, making sure all parts of the fish touch the marinade. Soak for about 10 minutes on each side.
3. Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with water and set aside.
4. After soaking, dip the tuna pieces in the roasted sesame seeds making sure to cover all sides.
5. Now, heat a small pot over a medium-high flame, pour the marinade into it and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch with the water and reduce to a slightly thick sauce, turn off the fire and set aside.
6. Heat olive oil in a cast iron frying pan over a medium-high flame, and sear the tuna steaks coated with sesame seeds for 30-60 seconds each, depending on the level of doneness you prefer.
7. Remove the tuna from the pan, place it on a plate and wrap it in aluminum foil. Now place the plate with the tuna pieces in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to stop the cooking and for easier slicing.
8. Arrange 3 plates with rocket leaves on each, top with mango, cucumbers, and avocado. Remove the tuna pieces from the freezer and cut into thin strips, place on the leaves and vegetables, sprinkle pine nuts and slices of onion.
9. Pour over each plate a little of the sauce you first thickened and served.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.