These wonderful croquettes are rich in calcium, iron, and protein, and are great as an appetizer or a snack during the day. They are really easy and quick to make as well, making them a no-fuss healthy dish.
Time: 15 minutes
• ¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
• ¼ cup red lentils, soaked overnight
• 2 cups water
• 2 tsp. yogurt, low-calorie
• 2 tbsp. bread crumbs, whole wheat
• Salt, to taste
• 1 tsp. oil
1. Strain the red lentils well. Then place a pressure cooker over a medium-high flame, add the lentils and 2 cups of water, and cook until two whistles are heard or until the lentils soften slightly. Finally, strain the lentils again.
2. Place the lentils in a large bowl with all the other ingredients, and mix well.
3. Prepare six equal sized croquettes from the mixture.
4. Place a frying pan over a low heat with oil, and fry the croquettes until golden brown on both sides.
5. Place the croquettes on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the oil, plate and serve.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.