Diabetics are generally advised to avoid rice, but with the following recipe, you can add it to a meal guilt-free. The high-fiber brown rice, along with a combination of vitamin-laden vegetables, will allow you to enjoy it without suffering from a quick rise in sugar levels at the end of your meal.
Time: 10 minutes
• 2 cups brown rice, cooked
• 1 ½ tsp. oil
• 1 ½ green chilies, finely diced
• ½ cup red pepper, thinly sliced
• ½ cup green onion, (only the white part) finely diced
• 2 tbsp. green onions, (only the stem) finely diced
• ¾ cup green beans, chopped
• ¾ cup carrots, thinly sliced and partially cooked
• ½ cup Chinese mung bean sprouts
• 1 tbsp, celery, finely diced
• ½ tsp. soy sauce
• Salt, to taste
1. Place a skillet over high heat, add oil, green chili, green onion (the white part), and fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add green beans, carrots, sprouts, and celery and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the cooked brown rice, soy sauce, green onion stems and salt to taste. Lower the flame to medium heat, and fry while mixing for 1-2 minutes.
3. Transfer the rice to a bowl and serve.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.