Just because you’re tired of cooking and baking, doesn’t mean you’re tired of sweet treats. And just because you’re trying to stay away from sugary sweets doesn’t mean you have to go cold-turkey on dessert either. The perfect solution to both these dilemmas are these No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars.
No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars (Makes 16-20 bars)
• 1 cup butter
• ½ cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups rolled oats
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
• ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
1. Line an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Heat over a low-heat, until the butter has melted, and the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the oats, cinnamon, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes.
4. Pour half of this mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out evenly, pressing down.
5. In a small microwaveable bowl. Combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Heat on high in the microwave, in 40 second increments, stirring in between each increment, until melted and fully combined.
6. Pour 4/5 of the chocolate mixture into the pan over the pressed oats. Top with the remaining oats and drizzle with the remaining chocolate mixture.
7. Place in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.