Low-fat mushroom soup
Even if you aren’t a fan of mushrooms, you are invited to get to know the most delicious mushroom soup recipe you’ll ever try. The thick texture and aromas created by the combination of thyme and mushrooms will remind you of nostalgic moments that’ll warm your heart – and you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
Time: 10 minutes
• 1 large onion, finely diced
• 280 g champignon mushrooms, sliced
• 280 g Portobello mushrooms, sliced
• 10 stalks of thyme, fresh with the leaves removed
• 1 cup vegetable stock
• 1 tbsp. tapioca flour (or corn flour)
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 bay leaf
• 1/2 tbsp. coconut milk
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• black pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large pot over a high flame, place the chopped onion in it and stir for 5-7 minutes.
2. Now move the steamed onion into one of the sides of the pot and add the mushrooms letting them cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix the onion and mushrooms together, add the thyme and continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
4. After half the amount of liquid released from the mushrooms during cooking has evaporated, add the bay leaf, salt and coconut milk to the pot.
5. In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon tapioca flour together with the vegetable stock, and then pour into the soup pot, then add the almond milk.
6. Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes, stir occasionally, add black pepper to taste and serve hot.
Print This Post To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g