If you want to pamper your loved ones and turn a rainy day into a warm and comforting ray of light, try cooking this simple, tasty tomato soup for them.
Time: 10 minutes
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 carrots, diced
• 1/2 an onion, diced
• 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 1 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste
• 1 tbsp. flour
• 4 cups vegetable stock
• 1/2 tsp. thyme
• 1 bay leaf
• 800 g crushed tomatoes, canned
• a little mozzarella cheese, grated for garnish
• a little heavy cream (optional), to add at the end to taste
1. Place a large pot on the stove over a high flame, pour olive oil and fry the garlic, onions, and carrots together for about 5-7 minutes.
2. Now add the tomato paste and mix until the sauce turns caramel brown, and immediately add the flour while stirring quickly.
3. After the flour is well incorporated, pour in the vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes, thyme and bay leaves, mix well and bring to a boil, then lower the flame to medium-low and cook for another 30 minutes.
4. Before serving, it is recommended to blend the soup with a hand blender, pour into a bowl and sprinkle some grated mozzarella over top. If you want another upgrade, add a little heavy cream to make it richer.Print This Post To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g