It’s still wintertime and that can mean more illnesses. And when you’re sick, don’t you feel like people always tell you to drink fresh orange juice? Why is that? What is hidden inside these healing citrus fruits?
The answer is not just Vitamin C. While Vitamin C helps neutralizing the free radicals in your body that cause diseases and cancer, the polyphenols and beta-carotene help shield you from viruses as well.
In addition, to many people’s surprise, oranges also contain alkaline minerals to help balance your body. They are acidic before you digest them, and alkaline as they digest in your body. They have a low amount of sugar per serving and are so versatile. You can eat them on their own, you can bake them in a dessert, and you can even add them to a main dish.
Ingredients: Orange Chicken Salad (Serves 4)
• 1 package mixed baby greens (500g) and/or romaine lettuce
• 1 orange
• ¼ red onion
• 2 chicken cutlets
• 1 spoonful of butter
• Salt & pepper
• A few pinches garlic powder (optional)
• 1 handful croutons (optional)
Ingredients: Salad Dressing
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
• Salt & pepper (to taste)
• 1 tbsp orange juice
1. Wash the greens and chop them into bite-size pieces.
2. Evenly divide the greens on a plate or put them in a large bowl.
3. Thinly slice the onion into 5cm (2 inches) long pieces and add them to your salad.
4. Cut the top and bottom off your orange, slice it horizontally into discs and cut off the extra peel, and add them to the salad.
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and toss in a spoonful of butter.
2. Lightly season the chicken with salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder on both sides.
3. Grill on each side for about 3-5 minutes. (If you press down on the chicken, it shouldn’t feel bouncy, it should feel like the bottom part of your thumb, when you touch your thumb to your ring finger)
4. For the salad dressing, mix together the olive oil, white-wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and orange juice.
1. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
2. Place the chicken on top of the salad, or mix it in.
3. Toss in a handful of croutons.
4. Add the dressing.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.