This is a spectacular combination of a vegetable and its stuffing – sweet potato that melts in your mouth, along with juicy chicken breast and spinach, seasoned with chipotle.
• 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
• 1kg (2.2lb) chicken breast
• 2 cups of spinach leaves (washed)
• Olive oil
• 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
• 1 tsp. oregano
• 1 tsp. cumin
• 1 tsp. dried chili flakes
• 1 handful of cilantro
• Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c (355°f).
2. Wash the sweet potatoes and use a fork to poke holes all over them.
3. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 5-6 minutes, until they’re soft.
4. Coat the chicken breast with 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt & pepper, place on a separate baking sheet and bake alongside the potatoes for 25 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to cool. Once cooled, break it into small pieces into a bowl.
6. Heat up a frying pan on medium heat and put the spinach in until it starts to lose juices, and then add it to the chicken.
7. Once the sweet potatoes are ready, cut them into halves and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
8. In a bowl, mix the chipotle, ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili flakes, salt & pepper.
9. Raise the oven’s temperature to 200°c (390°f).
10. Scoop the insides of the sweet potatoes, leaving a thin layer and the skin. (Use the insides to make a delicious mash, if you want)
11. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, lightly cover them with the chipotle mix and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until they’re crispy and brown.
12. Mix the rest of the chipotle with the chicken and spinach.
13. Take the potatoes out of the oven, stuff them, then put them back into the oven for another 5 minutes.
14. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.