Ready in just 20 minutes
1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained, reserve ¼ cup pineapple juice
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon dried garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
1 medium diced banana
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1. In a large sauce pan cook rice according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, sauté chicken for 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pineapple and green pepper.
3. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, water, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well.
4. Pour mixture into chicken mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often.
5. Fold in banana and almonds. Heat through.
6. Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
7. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Makes 6 servings (approx 4 oz chicken with 1/3 cup cooked rice)
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.