ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s own investigations have found no evidence of use of its soil by any group for last month’s deadly suicide attack in Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK), a senior security official familiar with the development said on Sunday.
Nearly four dozen Indian soldiers were killed when a young Kashmiri drove a vehicle full of explosives into a military convoy in the Pulwama district of IOK on February 14.
The Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) militant group which, Indian alleges, operates from Pakistan, purportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.
“Pakistani authorities had conducted investigations into the Pulwama attack and found no evidence whatsoever of any involvement of Pakistan or any organisation in the attack,” a senior official told.
Prime Minister Imran Khan had offered India help in investigation and promised to take action against any group found involved in the Pulwama attack. However, New Delhi rejected the offer and instead started whipping up war hysteria.
India also shared with Pakistan a so-called dossier containing what it called evidence of JeM’s involvement in the Pulwama attack. The security official, however, denied the document contains any incriminating evidence against any group.
The National Security Committee, which met immediately after the Pulwama attack, had decided to launch a decisive purge against all proscribed groups according to the National Action Plan (NAP).
Subsequently, Jamaatud Dawa (JuD) and Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) – the two charities run by Hafiz Saeed – were banned in the country.
The security official said the implementation of NAP would be further expedited. However, he clarified that the decision to act decisively against proscribed groups was not under any foreign pressure.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.