(A brief coverage by Thodupuzha K Shankar)
At the very outset, it is worth mentioning here that Bhajan Samaj, Ghatkopar (East) has been doing a yeoman’s service by organizing and conducting many vedic, and culturalactivities in connection with the Ramnavami celebration, in the spacious temple complex, for the benefit of all devotees and enthusiasts in a very discipled and systematic manner. Especially, the unassuming Chairman Shri G. Mahadevan and the secretary Shri. Shekhar, with the support of the tireless and dedicated committee members, are playing a decisive role in raising the quality of spiritual services in all parameters and thereby rising to the expectations of the multitude of devotees all over. They are arranging many suitable programs from time to time, to suit the devotees’pleasing aesthetics.
Smt. Padmini Radhakrishnan, the Bharat Natyam exponent in Garodia Nagar, Mumbai, is, no doubt, one of the most talented and outstanding dance teachers in India. This author had already written an elaborate feature article on her, showcasing all her activities and achievements in this genre, which was published in the Global Media a couple of years ago. As a dedicated artiste, she is gifted with the twin faculties of music and dance. She has groomed hundreds of students in the past and still continues with the same amount of fervour and enthusiasm and her batches of disciples are making many stage performances on specific occasions. Here is brief write up on thelatest dance performances of her disciples in the Bhajan Samaj Temple complex, Garodia Nagar, on 24th and 25th April 2019(Wednesday and Thursday)in the evening, as part of the ongoing Ram Navami celebrations in the temple.
On 24th her well-groomed disciples viz, kum. AakrutiAnantharamanand AnushreeAnantharaman, two graceful sisters, presented a series of brilliant performances as follows:
2) Sarasamukhi, depicting, Devi as Mahishasura Mardini
3) MacilAyodiyil, depicting the story of Ramayana.(This way, the entire events and sequences in the well- known epic were presented so elegantly by these two young, upcoming artistes in the form of ‘a mother telling the story to a child’)
4) KanavendumGuruvayurappanai. In this sequence, the artistes very touchingly depicted Prahlada, chanting ‘Narayana’ even when Hiranyakashipu, troubled him and the Lord instantly appearing in the form of Narasimha, to protect his devotee.
5) In the next being the last episode in the series, the artistes made a very sensational presentation of the’ KaliyaNarthanaThillana, with admirable ease and expertise, compelling the viewers to express their acclaim and appreciation with many rounds of spontaneous applause.
On 25th, In continuation of the dance recitals by Smt. Padmini’s team, another set of dances were presented, beginning with the TrimurthiKauthuvamIn praise of Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara, followed by a thematic short ballet called Surya (soul of life) depicting the Sun God, the source of universal energy. It commenced with the SURYASHTAKAM and ended with the SURYA GAYATRI.
The episodes depicted were :
1. Sun God with his consorts Sanjana and Chaya and his children Shani, Yama andYamuna.
2. How Aditya Hridayam helped Sri Rama to slay Ravana
3. Young Kunti’s son Karna was born and how SURYA PUTRA, KARNA earned his special place as the most generous ‘giver’ or (donor) and an epitome of friendship and loyalty.
4. It concluded with the joyous harvest dance of Pongal as a thanksgiving to SURYA (Sun God).
The following are the blossoming dancers of the blissful day’s event:
1)Sandhya Salian Kamath
3)Shruti Kannan4)Aditi Kamath
9)Amrita Natarajan 10)Khushi Desai
All the artistes captured the audience with their scintillating performances.
In the whole event, as usual, Vocal and Nattuangam support was given by Smt. Padmini Radhakrishnan, with veterans shriB. Anantharaman(Ravi) on the violin and shriS. Sankaranarayanan on the mrudangam(Percussion).
It is worth mentioning here that with the introduction of various programs and activities from time to time, our temple is gaining so much of importance and attracting devotees from everywhere.
The whole event went off well and the entire dance and music program of theday was a sumptuous soulful, feast to everyone!
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, Europe, India, Gulf and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.