If you’re looking for a healthy grab-and-go breakfast for those busy mornings, make this simple baked oatmeal to-go in muffin tins. Preparing a big batch of these is easy and you can store them for several days in an air-tight container, or freeze them. Here’s the recipe:
1 Cup packed brown sugar
¾ Cup unsweetened applesauce
1 ½ Cup whole milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
1 tbs. ground cinnamon
3 Cup old fashioned rolled oats
2 tsp. baking powder
Optional toppings: blueberries, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, chocolate chips, toasted nuts, dried fruit, etc.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, line a muffin tin with paper or foil muffin liners. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Next, add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and whisk well until combined. Stir in the oats and the baking soda and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes allowing the oats to absorb most of the liquid.
3. Fill the muffin cups with 1/4 cup oat mixture each and add your favorite toppings, pushing them down into the oat mixture with your finger.
4. Bake for 30 minutes until firm and browned on top and let cool for 5 minutes before eating.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for later use.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.