Servings : Serves 2
One of the most requested chinese dishes, here is my take on it!
Ingredients for Manchurian
• boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes – Marinate in the ingredients below for approx 1/2 an hour. Fry until golden (do not over fry, otherwise chicken will turn hard) and set aside.
• 1 tbsp. corn flour
• 1/2 egg, beaten – reserve the other half for the egg-fried rice
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
• pinch of red chilli powder or flakes (optional)
• pinch of sugar
• 1 tsp. soya sauce
• 1/2 tsp. ginger and garlic paste
Ingredients for Sauce
• 1 tbsp. chopped spring onions
• 2 tbsp. oil
• 1 tbsp. ketchup
• 1 tsp. tomato paste/puree
• 1/2 tsp. ginger
• 1/2 tsp. garlic
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
• 1 tsp. corn flour mixed with water to form a light paste
• 1 whole red chilli, slit
• 1 green chilli, chopped
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• splash of soya sauce
• some spring onion for garnishing
Ingredients for Egg-Fried Rice
• 2 cups cooked rice (boiled with salt and a tsp. of oil, then drained and cooled completely)
• 3 tbsp. oil
• pinch of salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 egg (leftover half is from the manchurian sauce)
• 1 tbsp. spring onion, chopped
• 1 small green chilli chopped (optional)
• 1 small green capsicum, chopped
• 1 small carrot, grated
• 1/4 tsp. garlic paste
• splash of soya sauce
For Chicken Manchurian
Heat the oil, add the whole red chilli, ginger and garlic pastes followed by the spring onions and chopped green chilli. Fry for a minute then add the tomato paste, ketchup, sugar and salt/pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the water/stock. Let it come to a simmer, lower the heat and add the corn flour paste. The sauce will instantly start to thicken. Once it is of a good thick consistency, add the fried chicken and a splash of soya sauce. Stir together and adjust salt, simmer for 3 more minutes on low heat, then turn off the heat and serve over fried rice, garnish with some chopped spring onions.
For Egg-Fried Rice
TIP: Beat the egg and add a small drop of yellow color to it. (color is optional)
Heat the oil, add the garlic and spring onions, fry for a minute, then add the egg, salt and pepper and scramble it. Now add the capsicum and carrot, stir fry for a few minutes then add the cooked rice. Stir fry for a minute, splash some soya sauce on it, then put the heat on very low and cover the pan.
Let it steam for about 5 minutes and serve!
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.