‘The attack on A.K. Antony, the Defence Minister of India as a Pakistani agent by Narendra Modi is mean-spirited and personal’ said George Abraham, Chairman, Indian National Overseas Congress (I), USA. ‘It evidently shows the frivolous conduct of a person who is running for the highest office in India. Fierce debate of politics does not justify character assassination and implicitly, Mr. Modi appears to be questioning the patriotism of the Defence Minister and that is totally unwarranted’.
‘Modi campaign seems to be at a loss whenever substantive issues are raised from any quarters and his reliance on sloganeering and divisive politicking will not suffice and Indian electorate is smarter than that’ the statement added.
Mr. A.K. Antony is a popular Congress leader who has a stellar reputation for honesty and integrity and who has been in public life that spans over five decades. A member of the Congress Working Committee, Antony is close to the Congress President Sonia Gandhi and is considered one of the main strategists in South Indian Politics.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- Jubilant crowd in USA welcomes Capt. Amarinder Singh’s party’s landslide victory in the Punjab Vidhan Sabha Elections
- INOC Chair congratulates Modi-led victory for NDA
- INOC Chair lauds the appointment of V.M. Sudheeran as the President of KPCC
- INOC Chair slams RSS Chief’s Mohan Bhagavat’s remark that India is a Hindu Nation
- INOC USA Greatly distressed with the desperate conditions caused by floods in Jammu & Kashmir
- Modi’s one-man show triumphs again in India’s battleground state
- INOC Chair lauds the efforts of Indian Armed forces for evacuating Indian citizens from Yemen
- Congratulations Rahul ji for a brilliant campaign
- Amit Shah’s statement exposes the double face of BJP: INOC Chair
- INOC, USA expressed serious concern over USCIRF report on India’s deteriorating religious freedom
- ‘Modi has no excuse for non-performance’: Thirunavukkarasar, Secretary, AICC
- INOC, USA expresses serious disappointment over Yogi Adityanath as the Chief Minister of U.P.
- INOC, USA registers strong protest at ‘Modi’ replacing Gandhi ji on KVIC calendar
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA applauds Congress victory in state elections
- INOC, USA Chair condoles the sudden demise of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
- INOC Chair lauds circuit court’s ruling that upholds India’s sovereignty
- Rahul Gandhi held discussion with INOC, USA Chairman George Abraham
- INOC Chair slams elimination of the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs
- INOC, USA Chair applauds Bihar victory of the grand alliance; ‘it is a victory for Democracy and Tolerance’
- INOC Chair supports growing demand for CBI inquiry into T.P. Chandrasekharan murder case
- Had Gayatri Prasad Prajapati been arrested, we would have won more seats: Congress leader Pradeep Mathur
- Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM: Modi is performing the last rites of Nehruvian secularism
- INOC, USA expresses grief over the sad demise of Shri. E. Ahamed
- Cultural Organizations or Trojan Horses?: George Abraham, Chairman INOC (I) USA