One of the best ways to do this is by cooking heartwarming soups that will have everyone at the table asking for seconds, and genuinely feeling the amount of effort and love that you wanted to share with the people you love.
Peas soup with vegetables
Winter blankets the sky with gray clouds, blocking out the sun and making us think of ways to warm ourselves up. This pea soup will fit the bill perfectly:
Time: 10 minutes
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 4 cups water
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 1 1/2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 500 grams dried split peas, soaked overnight
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 stalks thyme
• 1 1/2 tbsp. onion soup powder (optional)
• 1 tbsp. ground garlic
• 1-2 tsp. salt
• 1 potato, peeled and cubed
1. Place a large pot on the stove over a high flame and pour olive oil, wait until it’s heated and fry the onion and carrot together for 2 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then lower the flame and cook until the peas are completely softened – about 30-40 minutes.
3. Before serving, remove the thyme and bay leaves, and season with salt and pepper if necessary.