Violence erupts after shooting a black in America; two dead; National Guard stationed in Kenosha, Wisconsin

In the US, there was unrest in the city for the third night after the incident of a black man being shot by police in Kenosha City, Wisconsin province. During this time, two people died and one person was seriously injured due to the bullet. Lieutenant Joseph Nosalik of Kenosha Police said that the firing occurred in the protest area at about quarter past twelve. The condition of the injured person remains critical. He is admitted to a hospital.

The firing is being investigated and no further information has been released in this regard. The dead have not been identified. Black man Jacob Blake’s attorney said he (Blake) was paralyzed after several shots fired by police. Blake was shot by police on Sunday (August 23) in Kenosha. Three of his children were also present at the time of the incident. After this incident, fresh demonstrations started in many cities. Earlier, police in Minneapolis shot George Floyd, causing widespread protests.

Jacob’s father, along with other family members and lawyers, told reporters, “They shot my son seven times, seven times … as if my son doesn’t matter.” But let me say that my son matters. He is a human being and his life matters. Blake’s father’s name is also Jacob Blake. ”

Attorney Ben Crump said Blake, 29, is having an operation. The bullet hit his spinal cord, causing severe injury to his spine. At the same time, another attorney said that it has also damaged other parts of Blake’s body. Crump said, “Only after a miracle would Jacob Blake be able to walk again.”

The legal team is considering filing a case against the police department over the shooting incident. The police have not yet told what happened that day, except that they reached there after getting information about the domestic dispute. The names of the policemen involved in the incident have not been revealed. The Wisconsin Department of Justice is investigating the case.

On Tuesday (25 August) a group of protesters came to the blockade erected around the court and began to remove it. The protesters also threw bottles and firecrackers on this blocker, after which the policemen standing behind the blockers started moving forward. The police armored crews moved forward and tear gas shells were fired at the crowd.

The police ordered the protesters to withdraw, but the protesters raised slogans that ‘black’ lives matter. After this, the police fired rubber bullets. Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers appealed for peace and declared a state of emergency. Under this, the deployment of the National Guard in Kenosha has also been increased from 125 to 250. Hundreds of people violated curfew in Kenosha on Tuesday. There were major incidents of sabotage a day earlier as well.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Related posts

Leave a Comment