Police Officer Amy Caprio
A 16-year-old boy is in custody after being accused of first-degree murder for allegedly hitting a Baltimore County police officer with a car, according to charging documents.
Three other suspects — all teenage boys — were also taken into custody in connection with the Monday killing of officer Amy Caprio, police said.
The incident began as the teen sat in a Jeep Wrangler while the three other suspects burglarized a Baltimore County home, according to the documents.
Caprio responded and the teen, Dwanta Anthony Harris, fled down the street, according to the documents.
Someone saw the Jeep Wrangler drive directly at Caprio, striking her and then fleeing the area, according to the documents.
Harris admitted that he drove at the officer, the documents said.
He abandoned the Jeep a short distance away and was captured a block from there, the documents said.
Caprio suffered “traumatic injuries” and was later pronounced dead, according to the documents.
Harris was charged as an adult with first-degree murder, police said. He is being held at the Baltimore County Department of Corrections in Towson and is set to appear at a bail review this afternoon.
The slain officer would have been a four-year veteran of the department this July, police said.
Suspect Dawnta Anthony Harris
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- Hit-and-run driver kills 18-year-old woman inspecting fender-bender damage
- Charges Dropped Against Sini Mathews, Mother of Slain Child Sherin Mathews
- Search Underway for Missing National Guardsman After ‘1,000-Year’ Flash Flood Tears Through Ellicott City, Maryland
- North Carolina police officer under investigation after slamming teen sisters to ground
- Missing Florida teen found with soccer coach in New York has ’emotional reunion’ with family
- Grand jury declines to indict Houston Police Dept. officers in Cullen Blvd shooting
- Teen shot mother hours after disagreement over puppy
- RSS Ideologue Claims Cops Mistook Him For Dalit Protester, Detained Him
- Texas teen Breana Harmon Talbott made up kidnapping story
- Boy, 17, found dead in Queens park suffered head trauma, was wearing little clothing; Left his house against mother’s wish: sources
- 6 Police Officers Shot, 1 Killed, in Florida and Pennsylvania Last Night
- Hurricane Irma death toll rises, 90 percent of homes damaged in Florida Keys
- ‘Catastrophic damage:’ Rare tornado damages homes in Kitsap County
- Florida man arrested while flashing alleged drug money on Facebook Live
- 2 Juveniles Charged with Arson in Parkersburg Fire
- Wesley Mathews bundled three year old Sherrin’s “stiff and cold” body in trash bag and dumped in culvert; Police
- Congresswoman Tlaib Inspires Palestinian-Americans With A Dress And A Hashtag
- Upset Hindus urge Baltimore jewelry firm to withdraw Lord “Ganesh Toe Ring” & apologize
- Sini Mathews claims she had no part in 3-year-old Sherin Mathews’ death
- Bernie Sanders raises $5.9 million in first 24 hours of 2020 candidacy
- President Trump’s Immigration Policy Takes Shape
- Trump lawyers seek to pause evidence collection in foreign gifts lawsuit
- Tribal youth brutally beaten to death by local people in Attappady
- ICE arrests over 450 on federal immigration charges during Operation ‘Safe City’