PATHANKOT (PUNJAB) The doctors who conducted a postmortem on the eight-year-old Kathua rape victim told a court here that the girl was sexually assaulted and died of asphyxia, a lawyer has said.
As many as 54 witnesses have deposed before the court so far in the ongoing trial in the brutal rape and murder of the girl. She was allegedly repeatedly assaulted before being killed at a village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kathua district in January.
Special public prosecutor J K Chopra said the doctors who conducted the postmortem recorded their statement before the court of chief judicial magistrate recently.
They said the victim was subjected to sexual assault and cited asphyxia as the reason behind her death, Chopra, who has been representing the J&K Police’s Crime Branch, said.
Pathankot District and Sessions Judge Tejwinder Singh is hearing the case after it was transferred on the orders of the Supreme Court on a plea filed by the victim’s family. The district and sessions court framed charges of rape and murder against the seven accused in the case on June 8.
Chopra said the statements of the doctors have further strengthened the prosecution case. The crime branch had submitted a supplementary charge sheet on July 30 in which it highlighted that the victim was administered a cocktail of sedatives through her captivity, “rendering her incapacitated” .
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- എട്ടു വയസ്സുകാരിയെ പീഡിപ്പിച്ച് കൊലപ്പെടുത്തിയ പ്രതികളുടെ കുടുംബം നാടുവിടുന്നു
- കത്വയില് എട്ടു വയസ്സുകാരിയെ ക്രുരമായി കൂട്ട ബലാത്സംഗം ചെയ്തു കൊന്ന പ്രതികളുടെ ശിക്ഷ പ്രഖ്യാപിച്ചു
- കത്വയില് എട്ടുവയസ്സുകാരിയെ ക്രൂരമായി ബലാത്സംഗം ചെയ്ത് കൊലപ്പെടുത്തിയ കേസില് ആറു പേര് കുറ്റക്കാരെന്ന് കോടതി; വിധി ഇന്ന് പ്രഖ്യാപിക്കും
- Protesters outraged in Pakistan on the sexual assault and murder of six year old girl while her parents were away to perform Umrah
- Indian media fined for naming rape victim as protests greet Modi in London
- Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi appears before panel probing Sexual Harassment allegations against him
- Rape, murder of eight-year-old girl sparks outrage in India
- ബലാത്സംഗ കേസില് ആള് ദൈവം ആശാറാം ബാപ്പു കുറ്റക്കാരനാണെന്ന് കോടതി; കൂട്ടു പ്രതികള് നാലു പേരും കുറ്റക്കാര്; രണ്ടു പേരെ വെറുതെ വിട്ടു
- Sexual assault after killing a six-year-old girl; Security guard in Police Custody
- Former Gym doctor sentenced to 175 years in prison for sexual assault charges
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA condemns the rape and murder of the eight year old Asifa Bano
- Brett Kavanaugh denies 1980s sexual assault story by woman while they were in High School
- Plea in Delhi Court to Restrict Media from Publishing Sexual Harassment Allegations Against CJI Gogoi
- Trump backs embattled court nominee after fiery hearing
- Arvind Kejriwal, 5 others put on trial in Jaitley’s criminal defamation case
- Honeypreet not absconding, was in Delhi on Monday afternoon, says her lawyer
- Jadhav has 60 days to appeal death sentence: Pakistan
- Death penalty for Surinder Koli on Nithari murder case
- Aarushi Murder case: Rajesh, Nupar Talwar walk out of Dasna jail
- I still love Sushant, Riya’s reply to DGP of Bihar
- Be present in the Court and face trial; NIA Special Court says to Malegaon blast accused Pragya Singh Thakur
- German national alleges she was raped in Mahabalipuram, FIR filed
- Prominent Muslim scholar Tariq Ramadan accused of rape, sexual assault in France
- Man convicted of 2008 sexual abuse of 2 girls in Lancaster city, faces life in prison