Hindus have welcomed reports of Zimbabwe thinking about introducing yoga in schools.
Calling it “a step in the positive direction”, distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today; urged Zimbabwe President Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa; Minister of Primary & Secondary Education Professor P.V. Mavima; and Minister of Youth, Sports, Arts, Recreation Kirsty Coventry; to urgently work towards formally introducing yoga as a part of curriculum in all the public schools of the country, thus incorporating highly beneficial yoga in the lives of Zimbabwe students.
Yoga, referred as “a living fossil”, was a mental and physical discipline, for everybody to share and benefit from, whose traces went back to around 2,000 BCE to Indus Valley civilization, Zed noted.
Rajan Zed stated that yoga, although introduced and nourished by Hinduism, was a world heritage and liberation powerhouse to be utilized by all. According to Patanjali who codified it in Yoga Sutra, yoga was a methodical effort to attain perfection, through the control of the different elements of human nature, physical and psychical.
According to a report of US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: “Yoga is the most popular complementary health approach in the United States – used by 14.3% of the adult population, or 35.2 million people”. According to US National Institutes of Health; yoga may help one to feel more relaxed, be more flexible, improve posture, breathe deeply, and get rid of stress. Yoga was the repository of something basic in the human soul and psyche, Zed added.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- Lauding San Benito School Dist. for launching yoga, Hindus seek yoga in all California schools
- Lauding Milford School District for offering yoga, Hindus seek yoga in all New York schools
- Yoga in Smithsonian: Hindus urge all US museums to hold yoga sessions
- Lauding Denver Airport’s free summer yoga classes, Hindus urge permanent free yoga-space
- Welcoming Pennsylvania Senate Yoga Room, Hindus urge other state capitols to follow
- Hindus come to Tom Brady’s defense, saying yoga is a serious time-tested powerhouse
- Hindus welcome Catholic Creighton University using yoga to help Parkinson’s patients
- Hindus welcome Jewish Federation offering free yoga in Massachusetts for “Peace of Mind”
- Hindus welcome Washington National Cathedral for hosting yoga
- Hindus welcome Louvre Abu Dhabi holding yoga sessions under famed dome
- Zimbabwe Hindus performing collective fire sacrifice for world peace & prosperity
- Hindus welcome Atlanta Airport plans of yoga space
- Like Dunbar Cave Park, Hindus urge Tennessee to offer yoga in all 56 State Parks
- Teachable Moment for Australia: Hindus welcome return of Perth girl to school with nose stud
- REI apologizes & removes Lord Ganesh yoga mat towel after Hindu protest
- Hindus urge Alabama to end “prohibition” of yoga in public schools
- Lauding Twin Falls School Dist. for approving yoga, Hindus seek yoga in all Idaho schools
- Hindus urge Alabama lawmakers to show maturity & approve bill allowing yoga in schools
- Hindus push for yoga as detention alternative in all Ohio schools, like Toledo & Lancaster
- Hindus welcome Alabama Education Dept. for softening-up on yoga despite ban
- Hindu Temple in Harare celebrates 90th anniversary
- Oklahoma launches yoga as “brain-breaks” for students, while it is banned in nearby Alabama
- Hindus welcome Arizona State University using “spiritual principles of yoga” to heal addiction
- Yoga can help schoolchildren manage anxiety & stress, per Tulane University study