• Full fat milk 1 lt
• 1/3 cup OR fresh cream
• Sugar 1/2 cup (can be increased by 2 tbsps)
• Corn flour 1 tbsp, heaped
• Cardamom 4, powdered
• Pistachios 8, roughly chopped (optional)
• Saffron few strands, soaked in a tbsp of warm milk for 10 mts
– Heat milk in a wide bottomed pan and bring to a boil. Once it reaches boiling point, remove 1/2 cup of milk to a small bowl. Cool the set aside milk (1/2 cup) and add corn flour and mix well. Keep aside until use.
– Continue to simmer the remaining milk on medium flame till it reaches three fourth of its original quantity. Keep stirring in between.
– Add the malai (top of milk) or fresh cream and allow to simmer till it reduces to half of its original quantity.
– Next slowly pour the corn flour milk mixture and keep stirring constantly till it thickens lightly.
– Add sugar, cardamom powder and roughly chopped nuts. Mix well and keep simmering on medium flame for a few minutes, approx 10-12 mts.
– Turn off flame and allow to cool. Once cool, place the mixture in the fridge for a few hours. (This helps reduce formation of ice crystals during freezing process)
– Pour the chilled mixture into kulfi moulds and close the lids. Place the kulfi moulds in the deep freezer and allow to set overnight or at least 7-8 hours.
– Once the kulfi sets, place the kulfi mold under tap water for a few secs to help it unmould easily.
– Insert kebab or ice cream stick in the kulfi and serve. You can garnish with more nuts.
Please like our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews for all daily updated news