The Federation of Indian Association of NY, NJ, CT (FIA-Tri-state), held its first internal meeting at its offices in Spotswood, N.J., since the COVID-19 pandemic, and after losing the Chairman of the Board, Ramesh Patel. The meeting was called by FIA President Anil Bansal, in concurrence with the majority of the Board of Trustees and was held under the supervision of independent counsels.
Attendees included President Anil Bansal, Secretary Parveen Bansal, and 14 out of the 16 current Board members.
The primary purpose of the meeting was to address the inter-organizational review and brainstorm ways to point the organization in the right trajectory towards serving the community in these testing times.
Members of the Board also conducted an inter-board shuffling, selecting a new body to fill the vacuum left by the Chairman Ramesh Patel’s demise.
Padma Shri Dr. Sudhir S. Parikh, a long time FIA veteran, and Padma Shri H. R. Shah, were chosen as senior advisors. Both Parikh and Shah will take the role of nurturing, overseeing and advising the newly appointed Chairman, Ankur Vaidya, the youngest member of the Board and the youngest to be chosen as its chairman.
Vaidya is joined by Bipin Patel, as vice chairman and Jayesh Patel as the general secretary. The current Board also consists of distinguished community stalwarts including Rambhai Gadhavi, Chandrakant Trivedi, Prabir Roy, Dr. Parvin Pandhi, Andy Bhatia, Srujal Parikh, Anand Patel, Dipak Patel and Kanubhai Chauhan. Longtime veteran community leader, Albert Jasani, of Royal Alberts Palace, was chosen as the Unifying-Unity Trustee of the group, along with Yash Paul Soi as Emeritus Vice Chairman for FIA’s Golden Jubilee Year.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- FIA Commemorates 6th International Day of Yoga With A Successful Virtual Event
- The Community Chest Awards Record $220,000 to Agencies Serving Eastern Bergen County, NJ
- THE KERALA CENTER – AWARDS 2013
- Federation of Indian Associations NJ NJ CT Election Results for Executive Team for 2020
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA condemns undue and baseless attack on Mr. Sam Pitroda and the Congress Party.
- “Dhiruk DhirukTillana”, A Music Album Audio Release in Dallas, TX – A Grand Success
- People with black money fear Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government: Amit Shah
- ENTRY INDIA Guide Launched in New York – Manufacturers of Products and Investors including Non-Resident Indians gather in New York City for the Launch of Entry India’s Guide
- Ghare Baire | The World, The Home, and Beyond | 18th-20th Century Art in Bengal
- Manipuri Dancers from India enthralls New Yorkers
- GOPIO Calls for restoration of democracy in Guyana by declaring the election results
- Pakistan desires dialogue with India, doesn’t want to escalate tensions: Ambassador Majeed
- First batch of five Rafale jets to arrive in India on July 29
- GOPIO-CT ELECTS OFFICIALS FOR THE YEAR 2019, RAISE FUINDS FOR AMERICAN CHARITY TEACH FOR AMERICA
- Gujarat Rajya Sabha Election 2017: Ahmed Patel grabs victory on night of high drama
- Indian Overseas Congress to Protest against Prime Minister Modi and the Minister of Defense, Nirmala Sitaraman’s Corrupt Involvement in Rafale Loot, 30 Sept, 2018
- Prestigious honour for NRI tycoon Sohan Roy; Chosen as AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA Protests against Prime Minister Modi and the Minister of Defense, Nirmala Sitaraman’s Corrupt Involvement in Rafale Loot, in New York on 30 Sept, 2018
- State Department Terrorist Designation of Hizbul Mujahideen
- Federation of Indian Association of NY NJ CT – Curtain Raiser
- GOPIO-CT to Honor Six Indian American Achievers at It’s 13th Annual Awards Banquet in Stamford
- Unveiling of the India Collection at Norwalk Public Library September 15; Indian Consulate Donates Curated Collection to Library
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA celebrates 75th Birth Anniversary of former PM Shri Rajiv Gandhi in a big way
- Shrimad Bhagwat Saptah Maha Gyan Yagna by Shri Mridul Krishna GoswamiJi at Wayne Hindu Temple Sept 17 to 23