The Federation of Indian Associations (FIA) of the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut (FIA Tristate), will be creating history on August 15, 2020 by hosting the first ever flag hoisting ceremony at Times Square in New York City, to commemorate India’s 74th Independence Day. It will be the first time ever that India’s tricolor will be unfurled at the iconic venue in all its glory. Consul General of India in New York, Randhir Jaiswal, will be the Guest of Honor at the prestigious event.
This year’s Independence Day will mark a new chapter in FIA’s history, as two iconic venues in Manhattan will come alive to celebrate India’s Independence Day. Along with the first ever celebrations on Times Square, the FIA, in continuing with its annual tradition, will be illuminating the Empire State Building in tricolors – orange, white and green – to mark India’s Independence Day. This year’s lighting ceremony will be held on August 14.
The Times Square flag hoisting ceremony is a testament to the Indian American community’s growing patriotism and is a fitting tribute to the FIA which is celebrating its golden jubilee year. Established in 1970, FIA of the largest esteemed umbrella organizations in the Indian community. Since 1981, the FIA has been organizing it’s flagship event – the annual India Day parade, which showcases India’s rich cultural heritage and history.
The August 15 historic event in Times Square is exclusively sponsored by Dunkin Donuts. And is graciously supported by the Consulate General of India in New York, as well as by Hon. Mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio and his entire staff, as well as the New York Police Department and the Fire Department.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- FIA Makes History; Consul General Randhir Jaiswal Hoists Indian Tricolor to Celebrate India’s 74th Independence Day at Times Square
- FIA Hosts Community Reception to Welcome New Consul General of India in New York
- FIA | Federation of Indian Associations, NY NJ CT, 36th Annual Dance Pe Chance’ 2019 – 71st Republic Day Celebrations
- Over 600 members of the community attend Candle vigil and Tribute to martyrs of Pulwama, India
- Federation of Indian Association of NY NJ CT – Curtain Raiser
- Indian American Leader Ramesh Patel Passes Away
- GOPIO Officials Engage with Indian Consulate in New York on April 3, 2020
- More than 900K without power as major storm batters Northeast
- Goa is waiting for your arrival with a warm welcome from its Heart
- MGMNT Celebrated India’s 71st Independence Day in Dallas
- Men charged for ‘Isis-inspired plot’ targeting New York concerts, landmarks and crowded trains
- Bergen County Mixed Media Artist Ruth Bauer Neustadter to Present Solo Exhibition at Ceres Gallery in New York City
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA, New Jersey Chapter, celebrates Congress victory in States
- Indian Overseas Congress, USA celebrates 75th Birth Anniversary of former PM Shri Rajiv Gandhi in a big way
- അയോധ്യ ക്ഷേത്ര ശിലാസ്ഥാപനം; ന്യൂയോർക്കിൽ ആഹ്ലാദപ്രകടനവും പ്രതിഷേധവും
- Festivities Galore at Madam Sonia Gandhi’s Birthday celebration by INOC, USA.
- FIA International Women’s Day Celebration at Indian Consulate, New York
- Joyous celebration of 71st India Republic Day Anniversary in New York
- FIA Commemorates 6th International Day of Yoga With A Successful Virtual Event
- The Community Chest to Celebrate 85th Anniversary With Art Exhibition at Bergen Performing Arts Center
- Indian National Overseas Congress, USA makes a great Showing at the New York India Day Parade
- Message of Peace and Harmony marked the Eid Celebration at Consulate General of India in New York
- Landmark Palestinian art museum opens doors in US
- FIA & BAJNA organized the Super 30 publicity event at Times Square, Manhattan, New York & AMC Lowes in Edison, New Jersey