The President of the World Health Organization (WHO) warned that opening the lockdown so soon amid the corona virus epidemic would cause havoc. WHO Director-General Tedros Adnom Gabrayas stressed on Monday that countries that are serious about opening lockdown should also be serious about controlling the infection. He said, it is not impossible to balance it.
Tedros suggested countries, societies, and people to focus on four points in which to avoid large events, protect the most vulnerable, protect themselves and detect infects and isolate people exposed to them. , Isolating, screening, and proper care if found infected.
The WSO chief said that the new survey showed that in 90 percent of the countries covered, Covid-19 was badly affected by other health services. It is noteworthy that this survey was carried out in 105 countries to assess the impact of Covid-19 on the health services of low and middle income countries.
Tedros said a survey conducted in five regions in March and June revealed that better preparedness is needed to deal with a health disaster like the current epidemic. The survey revealed that routine vaccination was the most affected in 70 percent of countries. After this, investigation and treatment of non-communicable diseases like heart disease etc. were affected. About a quarter of the countries said that the emergency medical service was affected due to the epidemic.
Print This Post
To toggle between English & Malayalam Press CTRL+g
- Corona cases in the country crossed 39 lakh, 83,341 new cases in 24 hours
- Corona vaccine possible in India by next year, but vaccination is a big challenge
- Corona epidemic will come under considerable control by Diwali, Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan expressed hope
- Corona still in initial stages, second wave expected: WHO
- Corona Vaccine may begin distribution in the US in October: Trump
- India’s global plan on corona vaccine ready, help to neighboring countries but not name of Pakistan
- Children with no symptoms of Kovid-19 can also spread the virus for weeks: study
- Lockdown extended till June 30, hotels, restaurants, malls to open from June 8
- 16 people, including groom, turned out to be Corona positive at the wedding ceremony, fined Rs 6 lakh
- Brazil and Turkey preparing to conduct Phase-3 test of Russia’s Corona Vaccine Sputnik V
- Delhi: Corona patients start looking for new place for stay, funeral
- Even if it becomes a vaccine, this is the biggest challenge, 3 billion people in the world, including India, can remain deprived of the Corona vaccine
- Colorado child who died from flu was only partially vaccinated
- Covid-19: Reported Cases, Countries, Territory and Number of Deaths
- Covid-19: 3.12 million infected and 9.63 lakh lost their lives
- Children in India face higher health burden of climate change: report
- Millions likely infected by coronavirus in New Delhi, survey finds
- Corona may cause further destruction in Mumbai, IIT Bombay’s shocking report
- China reports zero new domestic virus cases for first time
- Big news about Covid-19 vaccine: Russia approves sale of first drug of Corona
- China announces 5th Coronavirus vaccine ready to be applied to humans, More on the Way
- US failed to block UN virus vaccine resolution
- Polio immunization suspended amid coronavirus pandemic
- A Guide to Cardiovascular Disease