The state government has revamped the scope of the Containment Zone. Detailed guidelines in this regard have been issued on behalf of Chief Secretary Rajendra Kumar Tiwari. According to this, 25 meters will be made in case of a case and 50 meters if there is more than one. There will be 20 houses in the radius of 25 meters and 60 houses in the radius of 50 meters. This may vary by region.
In the order issued by the Chief Secretary, it has been said that the relevant area will remain a container zone for 14 days from the date of sample collection of the last positive case. If the last positive case is not found in any other case in the area for 14 days from the date of sample collection, then such area will be excluded from the list of containment zones. The District Surveillance Officer will give daily information of the Covid-19 case to the District Immunization Officer. The number of residences and the team to be surveyed for the Containment Zone will be determined.
A team will be set up for houses located in the cantonment zone. Assuming a cluster as having more than one Kovid-19 positive case in an area, a 50 meter radius marking its epicenter will be made a containment zone. A team will be deployed to cover the houses located in each containment zone. Each team will visit the homes of their area and fill their work report on the prescribed form. Each team will have a health worker, body worker or village development panchayati raj worker and one member each of the local administration.
The members of each team will go from house to house in their area and will give information about prevention and symptoms of Covid disease. After marking patients with symptoms of cough, cold, fever, difficulty in breathing, etc., they will fill the name, full address, mobile number and details of symptoms on their forms. Each of the five teams will have one supervisor. Which will make all the information available to the District Surveillance Officer at the end of the work. Information of the district will be made available to the state headquarters.
• A sample collection team in the containment zone will send a sample of Kovid-19 patients to the laboratory.
• Containment zone will be created on receipt of a Covid-19 positive case.
• Assuming more than one case area as a cluster, there will be a survey of about 60 houses in 50 meters radius.
• In multi-storeyed buildings, the floor on which a residence will be made on a Kovid case will be made a Containment Zone.
• Any potential patient identified by the team in the Containment Zone will collect a sample within 24 hours after marking
• Listing the Containment Zone, its list will have to be made available to the DM and SSP office by 6 pm daily.
Like our page https://www.facebook.com/MalayalamDailyNews/ and get latest news update from USA, India and around the world. Stay updated with latest News in Malayalam, English and Hindi.