Toronto: Global Indian Council Inc., the fast-growing non-profit Network Organization of the Indian Diaspora, announced its new GIC Canada National Chapter (GIC-CAN-CA)in Canada on Sunday, March 26, 2023.
Global Indian Council is incorporated in the State of Texas as a nonprofit, nonreligious, and nonpolitical organization giving equal opportunity to people who want to give back to the community to connect, support, promote, and empower youth, students, and professionals worldwide in ventures that would benefit the society at large. GIC has sixteen different Centers of Excellence to impart the passion of each member and focus on significant matters.
Atlanta Consul General Dr. Swathi Kulkarni kick-started the organization, and the officials were sworn in by Hon. Former Ambassador Pradeep Kapoor, who was well inspired by its vision and mission.
“It deserves special mention that GIC continues its long journey with solid footprints across the seas with Chapters established in prominent cities in the United States, Singapore, Canada, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, the UK, and India, and many are in the process of launching,” earlier said Dr. Jija Madhavan Hari Singh, the Goodwill Ambassador of the organization.
Global Indian Council’s Global President, Mr. PC Mathew, announced the names of the office bearers presented by the Global General Secretary Sudhir Nambiar in the Global Cabinet held on March 26, 2023, and congratulated the new office bearers for their passion for serving the community. He also thanked the cabinet member Dr. Mathew Joys for taking the initiative for its formation and expressed his gratitude to the entire Cabinet Members for his tireless support.
GIC Canada National Chapter will be led by prominent leaders and professionals, and they have expressed their support and passion to follow the vision and mission of GIC.
1. IQBAL M ALI, Toronto (President), who has 38 years of professional experience in Financial Management & Leadership with over 30 years of volunteering experience in various not-for-profit organizations, ministry-funded mainstream service agencies, and other community-based organizations as Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Chair of Finance & Audit Committee, Board Member, and Public Member appointed by City Council.
2. MATHEW JOHN, Vancouver.(Vice President),
who also serves as the Chairman of WMC British Columbia, Vice Chairman of WMC America Region, and Charman of Kairali Seniors Centre Of BC Canada. Also, serve on the board of the Centre For Global Mission and KCF. Served as the president of KCABC Canada for three terms.
3. Dr.AANN ABRAHAM, Calgary.( Secretary)
She is a Faculty member of Bow Valley College, Calgary, a Project Coordinator at Alberta Health Services, Canada, and a National Coordinator, at Malayalam Mission School in Canada.
4. Binoj Menon, Edmonton (Associate Secretary) is a renowned social worker, cultural organizer, and successful Businessman in Vancouver and Alberta.
5. Rijesh Peter, Alberta ( Treasurer) is a Media professional, Chief Editor of IAPC Chronicle quarterly, and a Recent Aksharasree Award winner.
6. Deepa Mohandoss, Brampton, Toronto ( Associate Treasurer) is actively involved in the community, currently the Board Member of South Asian Canadian Health and Social Services and a Public Member of the City of Brampton Public Advisory Committee., and interested in Women Empowerment & Charity.
7. GURMUKH SINGH, Toronto -(National Council), who is a senior journalist running The Canadian Bazar website and print magazine.
8. THAMPANOOR MOHAN, Vancouver- (Global Center of Excellence Affiliations & Organizational Development), also a GIC founder member, Founder Member, KHNA/ Canadian Connections, popularly known for his boundless help to immigrants.
Global Vice President Prof. Joy Pallattumadom, Treasurer Dr. Tara Sajan, Assoc. Treasurer Tom Kolath, Associate Secretary Adv. Yamini, Compliance Officer Adv. Susan Mathew, Public Relations Officer Adv. Seema Balasubramanian, Chairs and Co-Chairs of the Centers of Excellence congratulated the Chapter Office Bearers; and offered all support to the projects and plans to be announced by the Chapter soon.